Prairie Crossroads Blues Society
2nd Annual PCBS Blues Band Challenge
Memphis on Main
Oct. 20, 2012
As an affiliate of The Blues Foundation, PCBS is staging our second regional preliminary IBC competition. The winning band will represent PCBS at the 29th annual International Blues Challenge, Jan. 29-Feb. 2, 2013 in Memphis, TN.
Winners of the PCBS challenge will receive a minimum of $1000.00 in travel assistance towards the Memphis event. Our winners last year received 2 rooms for 4 nights at The Doubletree (the host hotel for the IBC) worth over $1150.
PCBS Entry Info
- At least one band member must be an Illinois resident
- Bands will need to submit a band photo and biography along with a tape or CD of their music
- The winner will be determined by a panel of 5 impartial judges from area Blues Societies and the music industry
- Bands who have been nominated for a Blues Music Award (BMA) are ineligible.
- Bands are limited to two consecutive appearances at the IBC, then they must sit out a year.
- Entry deadline is September 25, 2012
Download the PCBS application here.
PCBS Challenge Info
- Bands will play a 25 minute set
- PCBS will provide a drum kit - donated by Skins-N-Tins Drum Shop
- Memphis on Main will provide the sound system and engineer
- Participating bands can sell their CDs at the event