Prairie Crossroads Blues Society
PCBS IBC Solo/Duo Challenge
Bentley's Pub Nov. 1, 2014
This year PCBS will host a Solo/Duo competition and send the winner to the 31st Annual International Blues Challenge, January 21-24, 2015 in Memphis, TN.
The solo/duo competition will start at 5pm. Line-up will be announced in early October.
Winners of the PCBS solo/duo challenge will receive a minimum of $500.00 in travel assistance towards the Memphis event.
PCBS Solo/Duo Entry Info
- At least one member must be an Illinois resident
- Acts will need to submit a photo and biography along with a CD or mp3 of their music
- The winner will be determined by a panel of 3 impartial judges from the music industry and area Blues Societies
- Judges will use the Scoring Criteria recommended by the Blues Foundation
- Acts who have been nominated for a Blues Music Award (BMA) are ineligible.
- Acts are limited to two consecutive appearances at the IBC in Memphis, they then must sit out a year.
- Entry deadline is October 8, 2014
Download the PCBS solo/duo application here.
PCBS Solo/Duo Challenge Info
- Acts will play a 25 minute set
- PCBS will provide a drum kit, if needed
- PCBS will provide a PA and sound engineer
- Participating acts can sell their CDs at the event
Best Self-Produced CD Info
- CD Eligibility period - must be released between Nov. 1, 2013 and Oct. 31, 2014
- Cannot be released on a label that has been nominated for a BMA
- If CD uses a "known" producer it must be on the artist's own label
Download the Best Self Produced CD application here.
Best Self Produced CD Challenge Info
- A panel of judges will choose the best CD based on five criteria;
- Blues Content
- Musical Performance
- Audio Quality of the Presentation
- Cover Art and Design
- Credits and Liner Information.
PCBS must receive four copies of your CD for the competition. If your CD is chosen, those four CDís will be sent to the Blues Foundation as your entry into the international competition.
The deadline to enter the PCBS competition is Saturday Oct. 18. We will announce the winner by Oct. 31, 2014.
PCBS IBC Band Challenge
Memphis on Main
Rules for Blues Foundation Affiliates require us to hold an open, judged competition to choose a Band to represent us at the International Blues Challenge. We had to cancel this yearís Band Challenge because the number of entries didnít meet those criteria. Thanks to Memphis on Main for agreeing to host the event, and to Skins-N-Tins Drum Shop for offering to provide the drum kit for the challenge.
We're already planning for next year's IBC Band Challenge.